For this healthy recipe, all you need is:
- some sweet potatoes
- coconut oil
- herbs (pepper, salt, ...)
- Cut the sweet potatoes in very thin slices
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan until it starts to stew
- Add the slices, but not all at once
- They're ready when they start to curl up and get color at the sides
- Let them drain in some paper towels and add some herbs to personal flavors
- You can keep them fresh for a few days in a closed box!
About sweet potatoes:
In the gym world, sweet potatoes are known very well. Everyone who wants to have a fit life, is doing a good job by eating a lot of fibres. Because of the big amount of fibres, your body helps the process of slow burning of carbohydrates which makes you have a longer feeling of energy.
The sweet potato contains a lot of complex carbohydrates. Sweet potatoes have a low glycemia index, so they're not fast carbohydrates.
About the coconut oil:
Coconut oil is a special kind of oil, because it contains medium chain triglycerides (MCT). They make sure our intestines absorb them very well and they also absorb minerals, vitamins and proteins very fast. The MCT's makes us get our energy very fast. Because of its effects, it leaves our body with more amino acid, which helps us to develop muscles faster.
When we run out of blood sugar after 2 hours of very intense burning, the MCT's will come to our rescue and give us energy in no time. This way, our body doens't have to shut off to inefficient fat burning.